Are you familiar with Wizz Air? It is a popular airline these days. Wizz Air’s mother country is Hungary, and this airline is top-rated for its low cost. Wizz Air flies to several European cities. It serves 44 countries. It was founded in September 2003. Knowing about the baggage allowance is important because if you don’t, you can find up with more luggage than you’re allowed. There’s a potential you won’t be able to fly at all in that event. So, it would help if you had ideas about Wizz air.
Are you willing to travel by Wizz Air? If yes, then please make sure about their baggage policy. Wizz Air allows one trolley bag or hand luggage of 40 cm x 30 cm x 20 cm size, and the weight should be 10 kg maximum. You can bring one cabin baggage of 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm in size, weight maximum 10 kg but you have to buy Wizz priority if you want to bring extra trolley luggage. Wizz priority is a premium service of Wizz Air. You can bring up to six checked bags of 149 cm x 119 cm x 171 cm, and the weight should be 10 kg, 20 kg, or 32 kg. If you bring extra baggage, then you have to pay €11 per kg, and you can bring a maximum of six extra bags.
Wizz Air Baggage Allowance
Wizz Air’s fleet is wholly made up of planes that seat passengers in Economy Class. Wizz Air also has a service called Wizz Priority. I will be talking about the baggage policy of this airline below:
Handbag/Carry on Bag
You can carry one handbag free of charge. You should follow the details given below before bringing the bag.
- Your handbag should be a maximum of 10 KG.
- According to Wizz Air, your suitcase size should be
- 40 cm width
- 30 cm height
- 20cm length
- The bag should be small. You have to fit extra items like tabs or laptops in this carry-on bag.
You are allowed to check up to 6 pieces of luggage. Weight allowances of 10 kg, 20 kg, and 32 kg are available. You can bring a maximum of one bag weighing 10 kilograms, six bags weighing 20 kg, or six bags weighing 32 kg.
Your checked luggage must not exceed the following dimensions:
- 10 kg
- 20 kg or
- 32 kg
- 149 cm width
- 119 cm height
- 171 cm length
Everyone likes to carry a trolley bag or luggage inside the cabin with them. You can bring one trolley bag free of charge if you purchase Wizz Priority.
- It must weigh no more than 10kg and fit beneath the seat.
- Passengers who wish to bring compact luggage measuring 55 x 40 x 23cm must purchase a Wizz Priority ticket and ensure it fits in the overhead compartment. I am pretty sure that anything more significant will be placed on hold at an additional expense to your wallet that you won’t want!
Extra baggage allowance
You can bring up to six extra pieces of baggage to the airport but you will have to pay for it. Per kg will be costed €11.
- Each flight allows you to check up to six pieces of luggage, with baggage costs added to each one.
- You can pay 50% online, and then pay for the remainder at the airport if you have any remaining items.
- Additional checked-in luggage fees will be higher if purchased at the airport.
- Weigh your bags before you leave, as there will be an €11.00/kg surcharge at the airport if they weigh between 10 kg to 20 kg or 20 kg and 32 kg.
Wizz Air Business Class
You must think about whether Wizz Air owns a business class or not. The answer is NO. Wizz Air doesn’t have an option for business class. But they offer a premium service called Wizz Priority. If you get the Wizz Priority, then you will have to pay €5.00 – €40.00 online and €25 at the airport. You will get many services if you buy them. Only WIZZ Priority passengers are allowed to bring an additional trolley bag.
Wizz Air baggage details and fee chart
I will show the baggage details and the fees below in two charts
|Baggage||Max numbers||Max Measurements|
|Trolley Bag||1||Size55 cm x40 cm x23 cmWeight10 KG|
|Checked-in baggage||6||Size149 cm x119 cm x171 cmWeight 10 KG or20 KG or32 KG|
|Hand Baggage||1||Size40 cm x30 cm x20 cmWeight10 KG|
Wizz Air Fee Chart
|Trolley Bag||Free with Wizz Priority|
|Checked-in baggage||10 kg bag- €720 kg – €14-€70 32 kg – €19 –€120|
|Extra baggage||€11.00 per KG|
Children Baggage Allowances
Wizz Air considers 2 years to 14 years as a child.
- Children under 14 can travel, but adults have to take full responsibility for the child. Minors aged 2 to 14 are booked as children, but they require their seats and pay the adult cost.
- Children older than 14 can travel alone, but they have to take their responsibilities on themselves.
Infant baggage allowances
Under 14 days to 2 years, infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap.
- Each adult is allowed with one infant. It is free of cost.
- You must purchase a seat for your infant for €31.00 per one-way ticket if you want them to stay in their car seat during the journey.
Prohibited items in Wizz Air
There are some items which you can’t take with you
- Things like Toy guns, imitation firearms, compressed air guns, such as pistols, pellet guns, rifles, ball-bearing guns, bows, crossbows, and arrows are prohibited.
- Substances, gases, and sprays.
- Razor blades, box cutters, knives.
Can I bring my medication with me?
We always tell passengers to bring their essentials into the cabin like medications.
Can I carry my pets?
You can’t take your pets on board, but you only can take your guide dog. Don’t forget to carry your guide dog’s travel documents, which must meet the requirements of the nations you’ll be travelling to. Otherwise, they won’t allow your dog.
What happens if my luggage gets damaged?
When you arrive, fill out a damage report before leaving the transportation station. Get a receipt and repair your luggage. We will reimburse you for the repair costs if you present this receipt.
What if my luggage gets lost?
While still in the transition area, go to the Lost baggage Claim desk and ask for assistance. Our baggage handler will report on the delay of your luggage.
Is it possible to bring my valuables on board?
Yes, you can bring your valuables.