Spicejet Airlines has changed its baggage policies since October 24, 2020. If you are going somewhere with SpiceJet, it is vital that you have a grasp of the new baggage restrictions, weight, and what you can bring and not bring.
SpiceJet allows each Economy passenger to take along one piece of hand baggage with a maximum size of 7 kg. The total dimension of the carry-on depends on the size of the aircraft. In Boeing flights the total dimensions allowed is 115 cm while Bombardier flights allow a 105 cm maximum of linear dimensions.
SpiceJet Carry-on Baggage Allowance
The baggage allowance for passengers is dependent on the type of aircraft that you will be boarding rather than the seating classes. You will be allowed to take single standard baggage with you on board.
|Aircraft||Number of bags||Dimensions||Max Weight|
|Boeing||1 standard bag|
1 personal bag
|115 cm in total||7 kg total|
|Bombardier||1 standard bag|
1 personal bag
|105 cm in total||7 kg total|
What Can You Take Inside Your Personal Bag?
In addition to the standard bag, SpiceJet also allows its passengers to take along a personal bag. It can be anything from a simple handbag to a laptop bag. You should only have daily necessities and important documents that you think you might need in your personal bag. In addition, you can also pack some more items like:
- Travel documents and passport.
- Wallet and ID.
- Dry food in controlled amounts.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Baby food.
- Clothes in case you feel cold like a jacket and scarf.
SpiceJet Checked Baggage Allowance
The policies and regulations maintained for checked baggage depend on whether you are taking a domestic flight or an international flight. Do note that if you exceed the specifications allocated for this baggage, you are required to pay an extra fee depending on the amount that you exceed.
|Aircraft||Number of baggage||Weight||Size|
|Boeing||1 bag||20 kg||158 cm|
|Bombardier||1 bag||15 kg||158 cm|
The linear dimensions for all bags allowed in international flights must not exceed 158 kg and the total number of bags you carry is 2 pieces. In addition, the final threshold for each baggage is 32 kg. After the bag exceeds this limit, it will not be permitted to be checked in.
For international flights:
|Hong Kong||30 kg|
|Connecting flights via India||30 kg|
SpiceJet Excess Baggage Fees
The excess baggage fee depends on the route that you are taking. In addition, note that the total weight for a single bag must not exceed 32 kg under any means.
|To/From||Fee per Kg in INR|
SpiceJet Infant Policy
Passengers travelling with an infant are entitled to carry a small buggy or stroller with them. In addition, they must carry baby food in their carry-on since the aeroplane will not be responsible to provide baby food.
Spice Jet classifies those above 7 weeks but less than 2 years to be infants and only these infants are eligible for this policy.
SpiceJet Restricted Items
SpiceJet has a specific rule for banned items and contrabands that have been restricted in accordance with the airport rules. These items are applicable to your checked-in baggage and carry-on bags.
- Sharp or pointy items that could cause punctures.
- Chemicals or Poisonous fluids including pesticides, as well as shampoos, detergents, and other similar substances.
- Matchboxes and lighters or any sort of fire-hazardous objects of any type cannot be in any of your bags.
- Stunning devices like tasers and batons can stun and harm the human body.
- Any sort of drugs or medicine, unless you have a doctor’s prescription to prove your need for them.
- Large electrical devices like hoverboards, e-bikes, solo wheels, balance wheels, etc.
- No fruits can be carried either in your bag or on your person. It is prohibited even in liquid form.
- Delicate items like jewellery and glassware could break easily on the least contact.
- Radioactive or oxidizing materials.
What is the SpiceJet hand baggage allowance?
SpiceJet allows its passengers to carry a single standard bag with a total weight of 7 kg and dimensions of 115 for Boeing flights and 105 for Bombardiers. In addition, they can also carry another personal bag or laptop bag.
Can you bring any weapons and ammunition in your baggage?
If you are going to take small weapons in your baggage, you will need the right license for them. In addition, you need to make a payment of INR 5000 per sector. Also, each passenger can only bring one firearm and 50 cartridges.
What to do if you lose a piece of baggage or an item?
If you cannot find your baggage or item you need to contact the lost and found authorities under the aeroplane management within 48 hours. If they can’t find it within 7 days you will receive 200 INR per kg to a max of 20000 INR.
More Similar Articles:
- AirAsia Baggage Allowance, Weight, Fees & Restrictions
- Air Arabia Baggage Allowance, Size, Weight & Fees
- Emirates Baggage Allowance
- Etihad Baggage Allowance
- Japan Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Thai Airways Baggage Allowance
- Philippine Airlines Baggage Allowance
- SpiceJet Air Baggage Allowance (Updated)
- Spirit Airlines Carry-on Size, Checked Bag Size, Weight, Fees & Policy