Qatar Airways ensures safe travel with the fullest comfort. They have maintained all Covid protocols during the Pandemic to safeguard your well-being. Qatar Airways is very lenient with all baggage allowances that they offer you.
The baggage policy of Qatar Airways mainly depends on the routes and the class you are traveling on. If you choose to use the economy class, the checked baggage can be 30 kg and 300cm.
For a personal carry-on bag size, you must ensure that the dimensions are 50 x 37 x 25 cm with a weight of 7Kgs. Your child’s carry-on would be a part of yours as it will not be checked separately. Avoid carrying flammable and sharp objects. Below is detailed information on the baggage allowance for different flights.
Qatar Airlines Carry-on Baggage Guideline
- Personal items will be free of charge.
- Standard carry-on bag:
- Economy class: 1 FREE suitcase up to 7 kg
- First and business class: 2 FREE suitcases with a total weight of 15 kg
- Personal: There is no specified size limit, but according to Qatar Airways, you can bring items in a small handbag or small briefcases in the cabin.
- carry-on luggage: 20 x 15 x 10 inches (50 x 37 x 25 cm)
- carry-on luggage for babies on the lap
- Your child’s carry-on luggage is not allowed in the baggage allowance, so all items are a part of your (adult’s) carry-on.
- For economy class, You can check in 1 item, such as a stroller or baby carrier, free of charge. An infant can check 2 pieces of luggage up to 50 pounds (23 kg each bag) and 45 inches (115 cm) on flights to/from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, and the United States (USA). For Business class & First class, pax can carry 2 pieces of bags, each weight not more than 32 kg.
Qatar Airlines Checked Baggage Policy
The baggage allowance on all Qatar Airlines flights depends on the weight and dimensions of the baggage, as well as the route and cabin class.
- If the checked baggage is 40 kg, it will be allowed in Business Class cabins, so baggage size should not be more than 158 cm in overall dimensions -length, width and height.
- If you are a first-class passenger, then the checked baggage for flights to and from India will be a maximum weight of 50kg, and the maximum dimensions are 300cm. If you are travelling in business class to and from India, the maximum weight of checked baggage is 40kg, and the highest dimension will be 300cm.
- When travelling in Economy class on a Qatar Airlines flight, 30 kg of checked baggage with a maximum size of 300 cm is allowed.
This link will help you plan out your baggage beforehand if you plan to use Qatar Airways.
For more information about checked baggage, check the tables below.
Baggage Weight Policy of Qatar Airways
Anything that exceeds the usual weight and size limits will be counted as an excess. Qatar Airways will charge for this excess baggage.
Maximum Free Weight
Bags weighing more than the standard 23 kilograms are considered overweight and Qatar will apply fees based on the route. Bags weighing between 23.13 kg- 44.91 kg are priced at $ 30 per kg.
Maximum Free Dimension
$ 75 fees will apply for any bag that exceeds the 62-inch or 157-centimetre size limit (including wheels and handles).
Baggage Size, weight & Fee at a Glance
Now I will describe carry on & Checked baggage details for domestic & international flights for economy & Business passengers with the cost of extra baggage
Below information is for the International checked baggage allowance in Qatar Airways:
|Travel Class||Brazil and Argentina Flights||Argentina, US, Canada flights||Flights within Doha, Casablanca and Marrakech||Flights from Africa||Other destinations|
|Economy||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 23kg 158cm||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 23kg 158cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 45kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 45kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 30kg 300cm|
|Business||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 32kg 158cm||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 32kg 158cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 60kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 60kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 40kg 300cm|
|First-class||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 32kg 158cm||2 pieces with maximum weight and dimension of 32kg 158cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 60kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 60kg 300cm||Maximum weight and dimension of 50kg 300cm|
Items prohibited from being carried on flights
For security reasons, some items are not allowed in hand baggage with Qatar Airways. In fact, if you don’t want to lose your articles, follow the rules below.
- First of all, you can not travel with liquids in containers larger than 3.4 ounces or 100ml in the aircraft cabin. All containers that you are carrying must be in a zip-up plastic bag. All these containers should not exceed one litre.
- All dangerous objects like sharp objects are not allowed onboard (scissors, knives, razors). Along with these all explosive or flammable materials are prohibited like lighters, mines, fireworks, and ammunition. Lithium batteries are also prohibited in carry-on bags.
- Sports equipment such as blunt objects like golf clubs, clubs, and sticks cannot be carried in hand luggage.
What happens if my carry-on bag is slightly overweight?
They are a bit lenient with personal carry on’s being slightly overweight however this will depend on the flight you are taking and overweight charges are often very high.
How to avoid baggage fees?
You can plan out your luggage beforehand with the link I have provided above. This will help you to ensure that your luggage is not more than their baggage policies.
How strict are Qatar airlines about the carry-on size?
They might not be too strict with the carry-on weight restrictions but you much ensure that the carry-on size is not more than what they have mentioned as in that case your carry-on will not fit in the cabin storage compartment.
Will there be any compensation if my luggage gets lost or damaged?
Qatar Airways ensures that they find your baggage within one whole day but if they fail to do so or if you encounter any expenses due to this, they will compensate you with some conditions. For damaged baggage, report immediately to the nearest baggage desk to receive compensation.
Is there any way to pre-pay for my Baggage using Qatar Airways?
You can prepay for your baggage online to receive up to 20% off airport prices. You can also pay for baggage through the call centre or at check-in, but baggage will be charged at a higher rate. To prepay online, go to your order and add the number of bags or excess weight you wish to purchase.
What is Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance to the USA Passengers?
Economy class passengers to the USA can carry a 7 kg ((20 x 15 x 10in/ 50 x 37 x 25cm) carry-on bag and 2 pieces of a checked bag, each of the bags can be of a maximum of 23 kg (50 Ib). For, Business and First class passengers to the United States can have 1 carry-on bag of 15 kg (20 x 15 x 10in/ 50 x 37 x 25cm) and 2 pieces of a checked bag, each of them of a max of 32 kg (70lb).
- Emirates Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Etihad Airways Baggage Allowance
- Air India Baggage Allowances
- American Airlines Baggage Allowance
- El Al Airlines Baggage Allowance
3 thoughts on “Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance, Carry-On Size, Weight, Fees, Limits & Policy”
I couldn’t see inches for TVs to be considered excess baggage
it is the same as checked bag dimension and weight. If your TV fits the mentioned checked bag dimensions and weight, then it is free. But if your TV is oversized or overweight, then you will be charged according to the policy of oversized and overweight baggages.
I am travelling from Munich to Philippines By Qatar airways COMFORT ECONOMY. How many kilos and how how many checked in luggage can I bring, I mean can I carry 1 luggage with 35 kg or can I check in 2 bags with total weight for both of 35 kilos without having to pay any extras charge