Free Unlimited Internet WiFi access is available to travellers and visitors to the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
The Newark Airport is under the administration of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, alongside other transportation channels.
Newark Airport At a Glance
|Name||Newark Liberty International Airport|
|WiFi Provider||Boingo Wireless|
|Hub For||FedEx Express|
The Newark Airport WiFi
Free unlimited WiFi is now accessible in all terminals of the airport. Gone is the 30-minutes only free WiFi access offered previously at the airport. The WiFi now provides passengers free unlimited 4-hour sessions after playing intermittent short commercials.
The airport upgraded its previous WiFi system to a free unlimited network on October 24, 2018. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey oversaw the upgrade of the airport’s WiFi alongside the other airports under its administration.
According to the Chairman of the Port Authority, the installations were necessary for developing world-class airports and solving a basic necessity of travellers.
The expected speed of the upgraded WiFi service in the airport is between 20 to 50 Mbps. The improved speed supports video calls, downloads, web browsing, texting, and emailing.
Connecting To The Newark Airport WiFi
Connecting to the WiFi network at the Newark Airport is easy using WiFi-supported devices like tablets, mobile phones, and laptops.
- Open your device’s WiFi settings.
- Verify your device’s WiFi is ON.
- Find and tap on the “_Free EWR WiFi” hotspot.
- Open your device’s browser.
- Tap on “Free Unlimited WiFi.”
For further assistance, reach out to the round-the-clock Customer Support at (800) 880-4117.
Places To Enjoy Free WiFi At Newark Airport
American Airlines Admirals Club
Accessible to club members, select supported-card members, and customers travelling on American Airlines or other oneworld® airlines.
- Location: Terminal A, Concourse A3, post-security, by Gates 30 – 39.
- Opening hours: 4:00 AM – 7:00 PM (Sun – Fri), 4:00 AM – 6:30 PM (Sat).
Accessible to Club members.
- Location: Terminal A, Concourse A2, post-security, close to Gates A20 – A28.
- Opening hours: 5:15 AM – 9:30 PM daily.
- Location: Terminal C, post-security, by Gate C74.
- Opening hours: 5:15 AM – 9:45 PM daily.
- Location: Terminal C, post-security, by Gate C93.
- Opening hours: 2:00 PM – 7:30 PM daily.
United Polaris Lounge
Accessible to First-class travellers.
- Location: Terminal C, in-between Gates C102 & C120.
- Opening hours: 5:15 AM – 9:45 PM.
British Airways Lounge
Accessible to adult passengers of the British Airways or any OneWorld airline flying first-class, business-class, or members of the British Airways Executive Club, Emerald or Sapphire members of any of the OneWorld airlines.
- Location: Terminal B, Concourse B2, post-security, close to Gates B50 – B58.
- Opening hours: 3:00 PM – 10:45 PM daily.
Delta Sky Club
Accessible to Club members.
- Location: Terminal B, Concourse B1, post-security, by Gates 40 – 47.
- Opening hours: 5:00 AM – 8:30 PM (Sun – Fri), 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Sat).
Lufthansa Senator Lounge
Accessible to passengers with the Senator flying status travelling on Lufthansa.
- Location: Terminal B, Concourse B3, post-security.
- Opening hours: 9:30 AM – 9:45 PM daily.
Accessible to passengers travelling on SAS Plus or Business tickets, EuroBonus Diamond or Gold members flying with SAS or StarAlliance, any Star Alliance Business-class passenger.
Exempted customers can pay for a lounge pass online ($32) or at the lounge entrance (USD 46 or 3000 EuroBonus points).
Location: Terminal B, Concourse B3, post-security.
Virgin Atlantic Lounge
Accessible to eligible passengers flying with Virgin Atlantic and other supported-card members of partner airlines.
Location: Terminal B, Concourse B2, post-security.
Commonly Asked Questions
Does Newark Airport Offer Free WiFi?
Yes. WiFi access is free in every terminal of the Newark Airport.
What Is The Time Limit Of The Newark Airport WiFi?
The Newark Airport offers unlimited WiFi access to passengers.
What Is The Network Name Of Newark Airport WiFi?
The SSID of Newark Airport WiFi is “_Free EWR WiFi.”