Iberia offers satellite Wi-Fi services on its long international routes. So if you want to get some work done, you can connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi at any time.
Iberia offers complimentary Wi-Fi to business class passengers only. While other Wi-Fi plans are paid options, the prices are not fixed. They depend largely on the route that you are taking. In addition, they are also subjected to change depending on the world economy.
Before we can carry on explaining the ABCs of the onboard Wi-Fi, there is some additional data; you need to have a clear idea. These are as follows:
|Hotline number||+34 900 111 500|
Who can use the free onboard Wi-Fi?
Only business class passengers are eligible to receive a 50 MB complimentary Wi-Fi card when they buy the ticket. It is easy to use this card since all you need to do is follow the instructions and connect to the Internet manually or use the QR code.
Aside from being business class passengers, Iberia gives various complimentary offers to other passengers as well. This is usually counted as part of a promotion.
Who provides the Internet onboard?
Sita OnAir is responsible to provide the Internet connection for the Wi-Fi. This is the case for all the airlines under Iberia Airlines.
The ISP provides secure coverage with an algorithm that makes use of a sequence of satellite filters to keep away fraudulent actions. As such your network is very secure and you can even connect to the VPN and work without any hassle.
Wi-Fi paid plans
While the price to pay for Wi-Fi is overpriced considering the amount of data limit and average speed of the Internet- there are several plans available to purchase from depending on your need and the amount of money that you are willing to spend on the Wi-Fi.
While the Wi-Fi prices might differ from the route, the most common data plans are as follows:
|Smartphone or tablet I||4 MB||4.95 USD|
|Smartphone or tablet II||22 MB||19.95 USD|
|iPad I||22 MB||19.95 USD|
|iPad II||50 MB||39.95 USD|
While using these Wi-Fi services, there are several things that you must remember:
- There is no refund policy for these options.
- If your connection is interrupted, you will not be compensated.
- 1.25 USD is charged for every extra 1 MB that you use above the allowed data limit.
In addition, several things are recommended not to do since they will only drain the data faster. For an optimized Wi-Fi experience, it is advised to avoid these points:
- Do not use laptops or large devices to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Do not stream or download videos and large files.
- Do not view multimedia files.
How to connect to the Wi-Fi?
Connecting to the Wi-Fi is very easy. All you need to do is follow the following procedures:
- Switch on your phone when the airline reaches a height of 10,000 feet.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and connect to the airline SSID “Iberia Wi-Fi”
- Open Browser and choose your Internet plan from the web page.
- Follow the payment instructions and successfully sign in to the network.
Can you connect to Netflix from Iberia Wi-Fi?
Although you can connect to Netflix using Wi-Fi, it is recommended not to do so since your Internet will drain very fast.
Can you connect to zoom using the Wi-Fi service?
Yes, you can connect and attend meetings in zoom with the Wi-Fi.
On which flights is this Wi-Fi service available?
The Wi-Fi services are available on all long journey-International flights and several flights to nearby countries.
- Qantas WiFi & Inflight Entertainment Guide with FAQs
- ANA WiFi Guide | Connect All Nippon Airways WiFi Onboard
- Does Ryanair Have Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment?
- Tap Portugal WiFi & Inflight Entertainment Guide
- Aer Lingus WiFi & Connectivity | Air Lingus Inflight Entertainment
- Air Europa Inflight Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment
- Icelandair Wi-Fi Guide 2022 | How To Connect Icelandair Wi-Fi?
- Brussels Airlines Inflight WiFi Guide
- Scandinavian Airlines SAS Inflight WiFi Guide
- Aegean Airlines Inflight WiFi Guide