The new spirit of Africa’ with this moto Ethiopian Airlines is the largest airline in Africa. Ethiopian airline is the government-owned flag carrier airline of Ethiopia. It regularly serves flights to more than 125 passenger destinations and 58 cargo destinations. Ethiopian Airlines started inflight wifi services in their A350 fleet with the latest broadband satellite technology (Ka-band) in 2019.
A glance at Ethiopian Airlines:
|Parent Company||Ethiopian Government|
|Headquarter||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Main Hub||Addis Ababa Bole International Airport|
|Secondary hub||Lomé–Tokoin International Airport|
Ethiopian Airlines WiFi plan: ShebaSkyConnect
In 2019, Ethiopian airlines provided inflight wifi service only in their A350 fleet. Now, most of the A350, B777, and 787 aircraft of Ethiopian are equipped with wifi facilities. Ethiopian airlines charge their inflight wifi by the hour. It starts from 5 USD per hour to 25 USD full flight package.
Ethiopian airlines offer three different inflight packages to their passengers. For a one-hour wifi pass, you have to pay 5 USD. It will rise up to 9 USD for a two-hour wifi pass. If you want to get connected the whole flight then it will cost you 25 USD.
Ethiopian airlines offer one-hour free wifi service to their Platinum Sheba Miles member.
|WiFi Package||Time Limitation||Price|
|1 hour Pass||1 hour||$5|
|2 hour Pass||2 hour||$9|
|Full Fight Pass||Unlimited||$25|
Where to purchase Ethiopian Airlines internet packages?
Passengers can access Ethiopian Airlines inflight wifi by purchasing vouchers or by paying virtually using their credit card. You can purchase the voucher from the boarding gate, check-in counter, or directly from the Ethiopian ticket offices. A WiFi pass voucher will also be available onboard, you purchase it from the cabin crew.
How to connect to the inflight wifi of Ethiopian Airlines?
- Turn on the airplane mode on your device
- Switch on the wifi and search for internet
- Click on the internet and it will take you to the portal page.
- Choose your suitable package.
- Then a tab will open where you have to give your email address.
- Afterwards, accept the terms and conditions.
- If you haven’t purchased an internet voucher before you can pay online via credit card or Shebamiles.
- Once the payment is confirmed you can use the internet as you prefer.
- You will find a connectivity page on the portal where you can track how much time you have left.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use multiple devices at a time using the Ethiopian Airlines inflight wifi?
No, you can use only one device at a time. If you want to use a different device during a flight, you have to log out first. Then you can use the same internet package on another device by logging in using the same email address.
Can I buy Ethiopian Airlines inflight internet services via PayPal?
Yes, if you want to buy Ethiopian Airlines internet packages online you can pay through PayPal. You can also pay via credit cards, China Union pays, JCB, Discover Card, Maestro, and Diners Club.
Read more Post:
- Fiji Airways WiFi Guide | Does Fiji Airways Have WiFi?
- Emirates WiFi & Inflight Entertainment Guide
- Aeroflot Inflight Wi-Fi | Does Aeroflot Have WiFi? Free or Paid?
- Does EasyJet Have Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment Onboard
- Alaska Airlines Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment Guide
- A Complete Guide To Air France Wi-Fi
- Does Kenya Airways have WiFi & Inflight Entertainment? Explained
- Royal Air Maroc WiFi Onboard & Inflight Entertainment Guide
- Air Serbia WiFi & Inflight Entertainment Service Guide
- Does Air Malta Have Inflight WiFi? Air Malta WiFi