Internet Wi-Fi is available everywhere on the ground and now in the sky. Thanks to Air Canada and the like, passengers can retain access to their social networks, emails, and the internet while flying.
Air Canada is the largest domestic and global airline in Canada. It is the country’s flag bearer and is among the top twenty largest airlines.
The airline offers scheduled and hired flights for passengers and goods to 221 destinations with more than 400 aircraft. Its subsidiaries include Air Canada Cargo (Cargo airline), Air Canada Rouge (low-cost airline), Air Canada Express, and others.
Air Canada Wi-Fi Timeline
In a media release statement, Benjamin Smith, the President of Passenger Airlines, stated it would be the fastest Wi-Fi on any Canadian carrier. Consequently, making Air Canada the foremost to offer passengers the ability to stream movies and TV shows on board via the internet.
Then, in December 2019, Air Canada announced that Gogo’s speedy satellite-based Wi-Fi service was now accessible on all Air Canada Rouge aircraft flying worldwide and throughout North America.
Additionally, they would provide Wi-Fi service on three of their airplanes flying inside North America via a Gogo air-to-ground network.
Air Canada currently boasts Wi-Fi coverage on many North American, Caribbean, and International airplanes, including Air Canada Rouge fleets.
Air Canada Airplanes With Onboard Wi-Fi Services
Below is a list of current aircraft offering Wi-Fi services on Air Canada:
- Boeing 777-300ER (77W) – 19/19
- Boeing 777-200LR (77L) – 6/6
- Airbus A330-300 (333) – 17/17
- Boeing 789-9 (789) – 29/29
- Boeing 787-8 (788) – 8/8
- Airbus A321-200 (321) – 15/15
- Airbus A220-300 (223) – 4/4
- Airbus A320-200 (320) – 37/37
- Airbus A319-100 (319) – 16/16
- Embraer E175 (E75) – 25/25
- Mitsubishi CRJ900 (CR9) – 26/26
- Airbus A321-200 (321) – 14/14
- Airbus A319-100 (319) – 22/22
How To Determine Flights Offering Wi-Fi On Air Canada?
- Visit www.aircanada.com/wifi.
- Type in your route details and departure date, OR
- Type in your flight number and departure date
Note that passengers can view Wi-Fi available flights only five days ahead. It is advisable to revisit the page if one’s flight is not listed.
How To Connect To The In-flight Wi-Fi?
- Switch your device to mode.
- Turn on your mobile Wi-Fi.
- Join the “ACWiFi” or “RougeWifi” (for Air Canada Rouge) network.
- Go to your browser and type “aircanadawifi.com” or “rougewifi.com” (Air Canada Rouge).
- Buy your choice plan if you did not purchase the Wi-Fi pass before your flight.
Network Provider Of Onboard Wi-Fi For Air Canada
Gogo, a global in-flight internet company, provides onboard Wi-Fi on Air Canada. It uses its modernized 2Ku satellite technology to provide broadband internet service to multiple airlines globally.
Cost of In-flight Wi-Fi On Air Canada
You can save up when you purchase a Wi-Fi pass/plan before your next flight and sign in faster.
Alternatively, you can purchase Wi-Fi onboard when you connect to the “ACWiFi” or “RougeWifi” (for Air Canada Rouge) network.
Below is the cost of the Wi-Fi pass for domestic flights (North American flights) provided by Gogo:
|One month plan||$65.95|
Features Air Canada Wi-Fi
- You can access from any Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop running on Windows®, Android®, Apple®, or Blackberry® platforms.
- You can’t log on to two different devices with similar account details simultaneously on a single flight pass, but you can switch between devices.
- You must register an account on Gogo to purchase your Wi-Fi pass.
- It supports the following actions:
- Browsing the internet
- Sending and receiving emails
- Direct messaging
- Streaming movies, music videos, and films
- Current versions of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer (8+), and Microsoft Edge are all supported.
- Wi-Fi is only accessible on limited North American and International flights controlled by Air Canada.
- Voice service (i. e. Calls) is unsupported onboard.
- Prices are offered in Canadian Dollars only.
Other In-flight Entertainment On Air Canada
Enjoy your favorite epic movies from Hollywood to Bollywood along with popular TV shows while on air. Air Canada offers various games, music videos, TV shows, documentaries, audiobooks, and podcasts on their in-flight entertainment system.
They also play movies, shows, and music content from Stingray, Crave, and the HBO channel.
Additionally, you can charge your mobile devices using a provided USB socket and monitor your flight path on a digital map.
Note that the in-flight entertainment system is not yet available on all aircraft.
Most Common Questions
Does Air Canada Offer Free Wi-Fi?
Air Canada only offers paid Wi-Fi onboard. Free Wi-Fi is available.
Which Devices Can Connect To Air Canada Wi-Fi?
You can connect with any smartphone, tablet or laptop running on Windows®, Android®, Apple®, or Blackberry® platforms.
How Fast Is Air Canada Wi-Fi?
Air Canada offers streaming capacity Wi-Fi. However, other factors from weather interferences to cell tower availability can affect the speed.
- A Complete Guide To United Airlines Inflight Wi-Fi
- Does Spirit Airlines Have Wi-Fi? Spirit Inflight Wi-Fi Guide
- A Complete Guide To Allegiant Air Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment
- Southwest Inflight WiFi Guide
- Does Frontier Have Wi-Fi? Frontier Airlines WiFi
- A Detailed Guide To British Airways Wi-Fi
- Guide To American Airlines Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment
- Alaska Airlines Wi-Fi & Inflight Entertainment Guide
- Guide To JetBlue Airways Wi-Fi: Fly-Fi & Inflight Entertainment
- Air New Zealand WiFi & Inflight Entertainment